THEORY OF STRUCTURES – II
1. Moment distribution method, application to portal frames with sway. Multi-bay, multistoried, symmetrical frames subjected to symmetric loads only.
2. Slope deflection method: Application to portal frames with side sway.
1. Kani’s method: Continuous beams and single bay single storey portal frames with side sway.
2. Multi- bay, multi storeyed frames subjected to symmetric loads.
1. Castigliano’s second theorem, principle of least work, Analysis of redundant frames. (Up to two degree redundancy).
2. Analysis of redundant trusses (up to second degree of redundancy), lack of fit, temperature effect.
1. Maxwell’s reciprocal theorem, Betty’s theorem, Muller- Breslau’s principle, Influence line diagrams for continuous beams, up to two span only. 2. Tension coefficient method & its applications to simple space trusses.
1. Flexibility method, static redundancy, flexibility coefficients, compatibility condition application to beams. 2. Introduction to plastic analysis of steel structure, shape factor, plastic section modulus, Redistribution of moment, upper and lower bound theorems, collapse loads for beams, single bay, single storey portals.
Stiffness method, kinematic redundancy, stiffness coefficients, direct stiffness approach, application to continuous beams and single - bay, single - storey portal.